Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Hoo's Abroad? Molly in Germany!



Hoo's Abroad?


Molly in Germany!





This global Wahoo is Molly Davey, a rising second year in the School of Engineering and Applied Science majoring in Computer Science. She just returned from a whirlwind trip across Germany, where she visited Braunschweig, Wolfsburg, Dresdin, and Berlin!

What made you choose this place? The engineering program that I am in was offering a special course (only in Germany) that partnered with Volkswagen in order to solve a problem which their company is currently facing. I selected Germany because the experience was unique and our group's research had the potential to change the thought process of a multibillion dollar automobile manufacturer. When selecting Germany I was also persuaded by the fact that my favorite engineering professor, Dana Elzey, was leading the trip. Professor Elzey is fluent in German, formerly lived and studied in Germany, and has led similar trips in the past.

What classes did you take? The class I was enrolled in is called "Special Topics in Engineering: Global Ingenuity Cross-Cultural Engineering Design."

What was the biggest learning experience you had? While in Braunschweig we had the opportunity to work alongside German engineering students. Working with the students I learned about what it is like to work in an international team, a skill set that I find crucial for working in our growing global business economy. I would say that collaborative international teamwork was the greatest learning experience I had while abroad.


No comments:

Post a Comment