- Making an account
Tuesday, June 19, 2018
Whether you don’t know a single word to the Good Ole Song or you end up reading the Seven Society letter, Convocation is your first event as a member of the UVA Community - so embrace it! If you have any more questions or want me to write about something specific, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. See you later incoming hoos!
Thursday, June 14, 2018
During my First-year move-in day, President Teresa Sullivan and Dean Groves dropped by to say hello!
I spent my spring break in Charlottesville to learn more about social justice and was also able to be a part of a worship team through an Intervarsity Christian Fellowship program.
Here is a victory photo after a glorious game of inner tube water polo.
Tuesday, June 12, 2018
Monday, June 11, 2018
- I’m a rising third year in the College of Arts and Sciences studying Psychology
- I was born in Charlottesville and currently live in Crozet which is the next town over, about a 30 minute drive from grounds (so if you have any cville related questions hmu!!)
- I have two dogs that are my two favorite things EVER and i’m just gonna leave this picture of them here so you can tell for yourself that they’re the cutest dogs you’ve probably ever seen
- During the year at UVa some of my favorite things to do are:
- Go to Thursday night Sunset Series on Carters Mountain. This is something you HAVE to do when you come to UVa… there’s nothing better than sitting on the mountain and watching the sunset, all the while putting away a half dozen donuts single handedly!!!!
- I’m a bigggg virginia sports girl. I go to all the football games (even though we’re not too good i’m a loyal fan and you’ll catch me at all of the games in the fall). Basketball, baseball, soccer, lacrosse, you name the sport and i’ll be there cheering on the hoos!!
- Lighting of The Lawn is my personal favorite event that UVa has during the school year that is incredibly popular and brings the entire student body together to relax and unwind before finals start up.
- Okay so that’s a little introduction and some basic information about me, if you have any questions for me about anything send me an email!! I’m SO excited to be writing on my different experiences here at UVA and hope to give y’all something somewhat interesting to read during the summer :)
Friday, June 8, 2018
- I love a good sunset. Carter Mountain has a great view so I would highly recommend going to Thursday evening sunset series.
- I love food but only recently started to enjoy cooking. I’m actually vegan so look out for my post coming up soon all about eating vegan at UVA. Charlottesville definitely has some great options so I can easily find a restaurant that my meat-eating friends will also enjoy.
- I love conspiracy theories. I won’t go into detail here but a few of my favorites are all about Mattress Firm, Britney Spears, and Avril Lavigne. There’s also a UVA related conspiracy theory that I recently became interested in but I’m only gonna say one word: bunker.
- I love UVA basketball. To be completely honest, I wanted Devon Hall’s fathead. Sadly, it was in high demand so I settled for Jack Salt’s. (jk <3 you too Jack)
- I went on Alternative Spring Break to the Grand Canyon this year. It was one of the best trips I’ve ever been on and I made some cool new friends.
- I took an ENWR about memes my first year and haven’t been the same since. If you want to read my final paper just let me know.
- I also took a class about Middle Eastern and South Asian film festivals. One of our homework assignments was to watch a few films at the Virginia Film Festival. I would have gone even if it wasn’t assigned so it didn’t feel like homework at all.