Monday, July 28, 2014

Office Hours: Stanley Stepanic


Office Hours


Professor Stanley Stepanic


BChelsea Marcelin


The College of Arts and Sciences is the largest school at the University of Virginia, so there are a vast range of classes and Professors that teach in the College! One very popular professor in the College is Professor Stanley Stepanic. Professor Stepanic works in the Slavic department and he has been with the University for 9 years now! Professor Stepanic achieved national fame form a young age, actually, when he discovered a mastodon tooth in his parents yard! He says, "The primary reason was that the news refused to correct their mistake that a $50 find was not worth $100,000.  Once the bigger number got out there, I was all over the place.  To this day I will occasionally have people who say, "hey, weren't you that kid that...did you sell it?"  The answer is no, unless I ever need $50."



Want to learn more about Professor Stepanic? Let’s hear what she has to say about his experiences as a professor at UVA:
How you became involved in your field:
Personal interest in Eastern Europe and the occult."


Favorite thing about UVa:
" The wonderful, classic campus."

Funny Story/Memory from a class:
"I remember when I was a TA, it was during Halloween.  My students convinced me to dress up as a Ghostbuster, and they were to dress up as ghosts (two of them), run through the classroom, and then I was to 'bust' them.  That day I was merely a fool!"


Want to take a class with Professor Stepanic? He is well known in the College for teaching 2nd-Year Russian, and his most popular class Dracula!

No comments:

Post a Comment