Friday, September 25, 2009

Welcome from Lauren!

Hi there! So glad you’ve come across this blog. My name is Lauren, and I am a fourth year although I don’t really like talking about that because it pains me to think of ever graduating and leaving this wonderful place. So we won’t talk about graduating :) Instead I’ll write here from time to time so as to share with you all the things that make me love these grounds so much. I’m from a town just outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and love my home, but have become a huge fan of the beautiful state of Virginia.

I am an English major and a Media Studies minor so I rep what we refer to here as THE COLLEGE (short for the College of Arts and Sciences). However, my UVa experience has been more then just English papers and reading media theory articles (although I do very much enjoy both!) Here on Grounds I am involved in my sorority, Reform University Fellowship, and the American Marketing and Advertising Assocation. I am a Class of 2010 Trustee and serve on the Graduation Planning Committee – ironic, considering I am so opposed to graduating! I also volunteer through Abundant Life Tutoring and tutor a second grade student at a local elementary school. I love spending my time being involved in both UVa life and the Charlottesville community.

I hope you will check back in from time to time and continue to learn more and more about the fabulous life of a HOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment