Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Welcome from Patrick

Hey Future Wahoos-

Thanks so much for checking out our blog! My name is Patrick, and I'm a FOURTH YEAR student studying History and African American & African Studies. I'm from Belmont, New Hampshire and love my New England roots. I was lucky enough to spend my summer at a summer camp in Connecticut doing ridiculously Northern things like sailing, but I'm so psyched to be back to UVa for the school year!


When I first began my college search, UVa was not even on my radar. I was certain that I would go to school in an urban area, where I could be in the thick of politics, culture and fashion. During this phase, my family and I were touring schools in Washington, D.C., and my mom suggested that we check out UVa while we were there. I had no idea where UVa was, but my parents assured me that it was "just over the Virginia border." You can imagine my surprise when we finally arrived two hours later! Although I was skeptical at first, my tour and visit to Grounds really sold me on UVa. And now, four years later, I can't imagine myself anywhere else.

I've found everything that I was looking for in an urban school, plus the incredible community of Charlottesville as a bonus. There is so much to get involved with here, whether that's exploring the Blue Ridge mountains, eating at amazing restaurants downtown, going to sporting events (It's a building year for football), or playing in sporting events like Intra-Mural Inner Tube Water Polo. Not to brag, but I'm a force to be reckoned with; that is, if I can manage to stay in my tube for the whole game.


Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have, especially about being a far-from-home out of stater. I'm also a tour guide, so please come on my tour if you're visiting 'Hoo Country!


No comments:

Post a Comment