Saturday, October 13, 2012


Hey guys!! My name is Cat, yes like an actual Cat, and unlike some of my fellow bloggers, I am a first-year at UVA. I’m from just outside of DC (also known as NoVa) and I’m considering a major in Neuroscience, but that might just be because it sounds impressive…although I do love science. I can’t say UVA was my first choice throughout high school, but after taking a tour my junior year and eating lunch on the always-bustling Corner, I adored it. After I was accepted, I knew I had to be a Wahoo. I’ve kept myself busy, probably too busy, these past six weeks by joining the Ambassadors, tutoring at a local elementary school, trying out for the ultimate Frisbee club and joining the photography club and Pancakes for Parkinson’s among other things; I’m still overwhelmed by the multitude of activities available to me.
            I’d like to say I’m a genius on all things UVA, but the truth is, I’m still trying to figure out everything for myself. I hope this blog can provide you with humorous and entertaining stories of my struggles and accomplishments as a first-year, along with advice on the admissions process and any other questions you’d like answered. 
            The most comforting thing to know is that I was just like you a year ago and know exactly how intimidating this process can be; but I can tell you right now its led to quite an adventure so embrace it!

No comments:

Post a Comment