Friday, October 12, 2012

                                           Welcome all Hoos (and Future Hoos!)
                                                               
 My name is Carly and I am a second-year in the College of Arts & Sciences here at The University of Virginia! I'm originally from the suburbs of Richmond, Virginia and while I love RVA, Charlottesville has quickly become one of my favorite places to be! As the classic "What's your major?" question continues to invade my daily life, I like to think I'm on track to figuring it out. Right now I'm loving my politics (I love to argue) and media studies classes (we watched an episode of the Sopranos last week!) and hope to continue pursuing both of those fields. I'm also pondering the far off possibilities of either UVA's Batten Public Policy masters program or law school, but I think I'll try to tackle this semester first!

Outside the classroom, I love giving admissions and historical tours of grounds as a member of the University Guide Service and answering questions at Peabody with the Virginia Ambassadors. I also work at the Rotunda, serve on the Student Council Public Service Committee, and tutor rambunctious and hilarious 7th graders at a local middle school through Madison House. Some of my other favorite pastimes include obsessing over UVA sports, exploring the downtown mall, and spending entirely too much money at Bodo's Bagels. 

Anyone who knows me also knows how much I love UVA (seriously, one of my first-year hallmates used to call me 'the UVA Queen' because I never stop talking about it). I inherited a love of UVA from my Dad, an alum, very early on in life and completely embraced it. I truly feel like I'm living the dream and can't wait to share my UVA experiences with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment