Saturday, October 20, 2012

Experiences of a Fourth Year




I am so excited to introduce myself to you guys... my name is Sehar Wahla, I am a fourth year at the University. (fourth year! I'm still not used to saying that!) I am double majoring in Foreign Affairs and Religious Studies, with a minor in Global Culture and Commerce. 

Like most people at UVA, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my school and can't talk enough about it.  My most rewarding activities at UVA have allowed me to do just that. I have been involved with the Admissions Office Program: Virginia Ambassadors since my first year. I've done everything from work with the Office to put on Days on the Lawn (an event for admitted prospective students); give Admissions Information Sessions (I recommend you attend one while you're visiting); blog for you all; and I am currently the Chair of Virginia Ambassadors, which means I get to work with a team of 12 amazing people, and together we coordinate all of these cool outreach programs for prospective students just like you!

Some of the 2012 Days on the Lawn team with CAVMAN!
 UVA has offered me so much these last three years I can't even begin to describe how I feel now that my time is coming to an end. As sappy as this sounds, I've grown as a person, more than I would have ever imagined thinking back to when I was sitting where you are today. Hopefully, through this blog I will be able to share some of my most memorable experiences as a Wahoo: football games, hiking, apple picking, picnics on the lawn, weekend brunches, visiting Monticello, studying in the Rotunda Dome Room, and taking in the scenery of Charlottesville.
The Rotunda on a beautiful Spring afternoon. 
Let me tell you, the next four years are about to be the most impactful and exciting years of your young life. I sincerely hope that this blog will be useful to you all... I remember sitting in your shoes exactly 4 years ago, so I understand how overwhelming the admissions process can be. However, my advice: take it all in, enjoy your senior year of high school, and remember, wherever you end up next year, EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY. With that, however, I am SO excited to share MY UVA with you and hope you will be just as much in love with the school as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment