Tuesday, October 9, 2012



"But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life, and thanks to a benevolent arrangement the greater part of life is sunshine." -Jefferson 
Hey HOOS! My name is Sarah Pate and I am a second-year here at the beautiful University of Virginia. I am from Fredericksburg, Virginia (which is about halfway between Richmond and D.C.). I am one of those kids who has virtually no idea what she wants to be doing for the rest of her life . . . for now, I am taking several business classes. I feel like I always knew that I was going to be a Cavalier. I feel completely at home here at UVa! Charlottesville is so beautiful all the time! It is hard not to just stop and admire the architecture on your way to class.

Just look at that! That is what I get to see everyday here! It is literally like living the dream. I love everything about this University. I have yet to take a class that I haven't liked. I have taken some very difficult classes (*cough*accounting*cough*) but I really feel like I am learning useful information, which is great (especially compared to a rather dry high school curriculum). There are so many things you can be involved in here! You will never be bored unless you choose to be. I love doing community service, helping with VA Ambassadors, and being in the Cavalier Marching Band. 



Being it the marching band is such an amazing experience! Just imagine--you march/run onto the field from the tunnels where you have been "hiding" from the crowd. Then, you look out and all you see is orange and blue. You start playing and before you know it, the football team is running through you, not even ten feet away! Then you see the animatronic Cavman destroying the other team's mascot on HOOvision (which is always an awesome way to get revved up for the game). Next thing you know, you are up in the stands playing the Good Old Song because our team just got a touchdown. There is no where else I would rather be on game-day than Scott Stadium with my orange and blue band uniform on. 

I am the second one in from the right in the front :)




No comments:

Post a Comment