Thursday, June 11, 2009

About Me-Emily

Before I jump into blogging here, I thought that you might appreciate some background information on me. I'm Emily, and I come from a suburb in North Atlanta. I am a rising 3rd year; however, this coming year will be my second year at UVA. That's because I came in as a second-year transfer student from a large, urban university. I am working towards majoring in Biochemistry and minoring in Dance. Now, when I say I'm into dance, I wish I could say that I can whip out dance moves from Beyonce's Single Ladies. My dance background's mainly in Ballet, and I have done a lot of Modern since getting involved with the dance program here. In addition to dancing, I'm involved with Madison House, our overarching student-run community service organization, and through it, I volunteer at the UVA Hospital, walk dogs at the Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA every week, and volunteer with the local Red Cross chapter. I guess something else to mention is that I am pre-med, and I am involved with the UVA AMSA chapter (American Medical Students Association).

No comments:

Post a Comment