Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Meet the Interns: Meet Jordan!

This week and next, we'll be posting a daily introduction to each of our fabulous Office of Admissions interns. These folks will be leading admissions tours this summer and are thrilled to meet & help prospective Hoos, both in-person and online. Please reach out to any or all of us with questions! We hope to see you on Grounds soon.

Hey there everyone!


My name is Jordan Smithson and I am a rising third year (yikes!) transfer student
majoring in History and minoring in Foreign Affairs here at UVA. This summer, I
am interning at the University of Virginia Office of Undergraduate Admissions and
will be sharing different aspects of the UVA life with you through this amazing blog!
If you are a prospective student- welcome! I hope my insight and stories give you a
solid idea of whether you can picture yourself at UVA! If you are a newly admitted
student: congratulations and Wahoowa! We can’t wait to have you!


Pictured: Two Hoos looking way too relaxed to be in the middle of finals week.
As you will soon learn, the lawn is a place for lounging disguised as a place to study.


First, a bit about myself: I’m from Midlothian, Virginia (right outside of Richmond)
and I enjoy reading, hiking, and spending lots of time with my friends. Most of the time,
you’ll find us lounging on the Lawn eating a Newcomb ice cream cone, chowing down
at the many fine eating establishments on the Corner, or trying our best to be productive
in the depths of Alderman Library (if you’re confused by anything in that sentence,
don’t worry- all will be explained). Over the course of my time here, UVA/Charlottesville
has become one of my favorite places in the world and I’m elated that I get to share my
love for it with all of you!
My friends and I on a popular sunrise hike to Humpback Rock- you may have to get up
early but the views are worth it!


On this blog, the interns will be addressing different facets of the UVA experience that
speak to them as individuals. Personally, I will be writing about the transfer experience at
UVA, off-grounds eating, the student theatre scene, our beautiful library facilities, and some
special traditions kept at the University, like Secret Societies and Lighting of the Lawn
(pictured below!)

No comments:

Post a Comment