Thursday, June 7, 2018

Meet the Interns: Meet Brynna!


This week and next, we'll be posting a daily introduction to each of our fabulous Office of Admissions interns. These folks will be leading admissions tours this summer and are thrilled to meet & help prospective Hoos, both in-person and online. Please reach out to any or all of us with questions! We hope to see you on Grounds soon.   

  Hello incoming and prospective UVA students! My name is Brynna and I am an intern at the Office of Undergraduate Admissions this summer. I must say, I’m pretty thrilled to be here, and equally as excited to write about different aspects of UVA student life on this blog.
    A little bit about myself: I am a rising second year from Wilmington Delaware studying Economics and Sociology with a minor in Women and Gender Studies. Around grounds you can find me lounging on the lawn with friends, “studying” in Alderman Library, running up one of the seemingly endless hills that plague Charlottesville runners, or at any establishment that sells a good cup of coffee (I’ll be writing about said establishments on this blog).
     I hope each blog post I write gives each of you a little taste of UVA, a place where I have found a home like no other. Over the course of my first year, I took many pictures of me doing many things that I’m going to write about this summer. Take a sneak peek below:

This first picture is mainly included to show you what I look like, but also as evidence of how excited I was at the end of high school to be a rising first year. That August, I moved into a dorm, and within a week started calling it “home”. I have an entire hall, an awesome RA, and a pretty standout building to thank for that. I’ll be writing about why “New Dorms” are the best dorms later this summer. I also feel obligated to include that I am less dweeby now, even if marginally so.

    I came to UVA not knowing a single person here, but was welcomed with open arms by first years and upperclassmen alike. Whether from Montana, Long Island, or right here in Charlottesville, each new friend has made UVA a place where I can be myself and become myself. Some of them are pictured below. I’ll be including many more pictures of them throughout my blog posts, which include many first-year-related topics like Convocation, Student Health, and how to get home for breaks without a car.



I found that at UVA, I can climb a mountain, grab a great bagel and a cup of coffee, and still get to my 9:30 am class. I did that twice (the first time is pictured at left). I painted Beta Bridge two times, both of which were completely unforgettable and followed by a bagel (yes, this is a theme).


According to my iPhotos, I took over 50 pictures in front of the Rotunda this year. Here are some of my favorites:



My first year at UVA has given me so much, from friends and experiences, to lessons learned and phenomenal professors. This crazy, quirky, supportive UVA community isn’t restricted to the classroom, a dorm, or even Charlottesville. It comes in the form of company late at night in the library, the freedom to sing the Good Ole Song as terribly as possible at a football game, and people who challenge and love you unconditionally, no matter where you are. I can’t wait to welcome you here on grounds, whether it’s for a tour or for four years. Feel free to email me with any questions you may have at bmg5bg@virginia.edu, and stay tuned for my posts throughout the summer!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment