Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Meet the Interns: Isaiah Jenkins


Aloha! alumni, prospective students, and parents. My name is Isaiah and I am a rising second-year at the University of Virginia studying Sociology and African &African American Studies on the Pre-Med track in the College of Arts and Sciences.. I am originally from Danville, Virginia, a small town in southern Virginia. In my short time here at the University, UVa has become home for me and place that I can't imagine not being in my life.

UVA and Charlottesville has numerous opportunities to meet new and amazing people. In my first year alone, I have already met so many students that committed and passionate about whatever activities in which they are involved. One of my favorite things that my friends and I love to do is hike in to Shenandoah National Park. It is only 25 minutes from Grounds and is a great way to spend time outdoors.



Speaking of friends,  there are 963 clubs/organizations available for students to join here at the University. These organizations are often where students not only find friends, but a family. For me, the University Guide Service has become that family. Although I spent countless hours in student lead classes learning about the 200 years of history at UVa,  I did it with the most remarkable students I have ever met. 



I am also deeply involved in the vibrant black community here at UVa. Students in the minority community are extremely passionate about making sure UVa is a comfortable space for all.



Lastly, I spend a majority of my time playing basketball around Grounds against other students, whether it be clubs or simply recreational.



I cant imagine not being here at UVa. Luckily, this is only the beginning. And for those prospective students, I hope you will join us on this journey.





No comments:

Post a Comment