Thursday, June 20, 2019

Meet the Interns: Stefan



Hello everyone! My name is Stefan Lizarzaburu, I am a rising 3rd year from Yorktown, Virginia. I am a psychology on the pre-health track. UVA’s great -- here’s why:

My UVA family! Ah geez. I spend most of my time at UVA with others -- mostly people that I’ve met through the organizations I’ve joined since being on Grounds. Pictured below are the members of my probationary class in the University Guide Service (a long-winded way of saying we learned to give tours together). Giving tours is an incredible opportunity to speak your truth, or share the truths of those unspoken for!

Pictured above are some members of the Latinx Leadership Institute. Throughout the semester, we learned essential leadership skills and works through issues that face our communities at the local and national levels. Mi familia!


I’m a big music guy, so my second year I started writing music reviews for our student newspaper, The Cavalier Daily. To be honest, I don’t have a picture with my staff, so here’s me currently listening to a strange band called Slint while writing this blog post!


What’s there to do outside of clubs? Good question. There’s also a ton to explore in and around Charlottesville. Shenandoah Mountains? Beautiful.


Monticello? Fascinating histories and narratives to engage with and analyze (here’s me dancing in the dome room).

Downtown Mall? Incredible dining options (including Thai Fresh pictured above -- cheap, quaint, and delicious #notsponsored)!


Okay, well, enough pictures. Talking time. I have truly and genuinely loved every minute of UVA I’ve had the pleasure of experiencing. I’ve really been able to find my footing at this university and find my family in the people I surround myself with. My college admissions process was, admittedly, laughable (did half my applications incorrectly!!), but I am so fortunate to have ended up in a place that I’ve fallen in love with every day. For you perspective students out there, I genuinely hope you can find the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment