Friday, June 21, 2019

Meet the Interns: Lily



Well, well, well.

Fancy meeting you here.

It’s me. Two-time Pinellas County K-6th Cartoon Award Winner: Lily Brock.

I’m a rising fourth year from Herndon, Virginia majoring in American Studies and minoring in Spanish. Here’s some UVA greatest hits through the seasons:

Fall:

The start of every new school year brings with it the opportunity to get involved with another organization at UVA. For example, this past year, I joined the University Guides Service. We’re a student-run organization that gives tours of grounds to prospective students and visitors to the University. UGuides is not only a wonderful way to share my experience at UVA with incoming students and tourists, but the organization also fosters a strong community of students.

University guides in the dome room of the Rotunda after new guides have been initiated.

Winter:

If you think Charlottesville is a looker in the summer, oh baby just you wait until the holiday season slides in!

I love me some Lighting of the Lawn. The cider. The songs. The lights.

Spring:

I love to spend my time after classes cooking from scratch and playing with new recipes. Take a peek!

Summer:

Charlottesville not only hosts so many phenomenal local restaurants throughout the year, but each summer the town holds weekly farmer’s markets with fresh produce, flowers, and hot prepared foods from local chefs. Any given Saturday morning each summer, you’ll find me knee-deep in fresh-picked tomatoes and peaches.

Should you find yourself in Charlottesville over the summer, drive about an hour out with some friends for a double feature at the drive-in theater. Maybe snag some paletas at La Flor Michocana on your way.


Feel free to email me with any questions about UVA student life at ljb7jq@virginia.edu




No comments:

Post a Comment