Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Meet the Interns: Sabrina!

Greetings, friends!

My name is Sabrina! Read more below to find out about myself, how I get involved at UVA, and my favorite things to do in the greater Charlottesville area!


A little about myself:

I’m a rising third-year from Cape Coral, FL, studying Computer Science in the College. In my free time, I enjoy running (but I’m not good at it…) and I’m always looking for a running-buddy! This picture is from the LAKAS Glow Run 5k hosted by the Organization of Young Filipino Americans (OYFA) at UVA.


My friend, Amara, and me!

I love music and concerts! Some of my favorite artists include Citizen, Brand New, and BTS! (Talk to me about music! I could go on forever, and love finding new artists). Check out this clip from the last concert I attended!



                                         


I absolutely love taking subpar iPhone-quality photos of Charlottesville sunsets. I’m a sucker for a beautiful sky. :)





At UVA, my favorite way to get involved in is through cultural organizations and events!

Smiling because I messed up thirty seconds before this.
This is me performing for EscAPAde!
4 of the members of my KSA family at Korea Day, an annual fall event that celebrates Korean culture!

This past year, I served as the Outreach chair and Fundraising chair, as well as a family head for the Korean Student Association! As a family head, you create events for your ‘family’ and really just try to foster community and friendship within each other.

One of the few events my fam did together.
I reserved a study space and we ordered pizza.
A few of the people in my KSA family! This was during 'Meet the Family' event. Our family was called '불개', which roughly translates out to Fire Dogs. :)





Besides cultural organizations, I enjoyed giving my time to the Asian Student Union, a political advocacy organization that provides a voice for Asian-Americans! I worked on the Prospective and Alumni Relations committee, where I helped plan EscAPAde--an all-day event hosted by UVA for prospective Asian-Pacific Americans so they can get a feel for the University and the cultural diversity here!


This was the PAR committee for the Asian Student Union.


I love getting involved in UVA traditions, more specifically: Trick or Treating on the Lawn (TOTOTL) and Lighting of the Lawn (LOTL). Look at this cute doggo dressed as a lion. :')


The cute Labradoodle I met! 
The Rotunda all lit up :')

In my free time, I like to explore Charlottesville. The pictures below are of this really neat-o record shop called Side Tracks!





















Well, this concludes my blog post. If you’ve made it this far, thanks for sticking around! I hope I could give you the perspective of a UVA student and could showcase (some of) cultural diversity here on Grounds. If you have any questions for me, please feel free to reach out.


My email is: sjb4sy@virginia.edu.



Much love,
Sabrina ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment