Friday, June 14, 2019

Meet the Interns: Sam


My name is Sam and I’m a rising third year at the University of Virginia. I’m originally from a small town in southern Virginia called Chatham. UVa has been an awesome home for me to really dive in to the things I love. 

One of my favorite things about going to UVa is its proximity to Shenandoah National Park. Just a 25 minute drive to the south entrance, I like to go to the park on days when I’m stressed out. Even when I was in high school, long drives were the best way to destress, and there’s no better place to drive than through one of America’s best National Parks. 


Speaking of long drives, I have always had a deep love for road trips. Since I’ve enrolled in UVa, I have driven with my friends to New York City, Montreal, Utah, and even California! 


 I am also an avid chess player. I got in to the game after playing a lot with my mom when I was young, it’s kind of our tradition to play chess whenever we see each other, even now. 


Lastly, I have recently made the expedition in to plant ownership. I have made it a goal to fill my home with plants / life-giving flora. I will keep this blog updated on that front. 


No comments:

Post a Comment