Monday, June 17, 2019

Meet the Interns: Maddie



Hi everybody! My name is Maddie, I’m a rising fourth-year studying Government & Religious Studies from Chantilly, VA. Here’s a rundown of some of my favorite places/moments around UVA.

Spending time with friends around the Lawn:
Pictured: left- gathered in a garden with friends from the University Guide Service, which gives academic and historical tours during the school year. right- with friends during Trick-or-Treating on the Lawn at Halloween!



UVA games:

I lived across the football stadium during my first year and still love going to games in the fall. Admittedly, UVA is more of a basketball school than a football school, but students earn sabre points at home games that ensure good seats during basketball season.

Pictured: with friends during a night football game this fall, at Scott Stadium.

Seeing Charlottesville:
Going to school in Charlottesville is one of my favorite aspects of UVA; the mountains are beautiful, restaurants are delicious, and important conversations happen all around.

Pictured: right- hiking in Shenandoah National Park (about a half hour from Cville) with my friend Jordan. left- Sunset Series at Carter Mountain Orchard.

Feel free to email me with any questions (mes4wh@virginia.edu). Happy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment