Friday, January 31, 2014

Club sports are a great way to continue to develop your athletic abilities.  Students can compete at a higher level than intramural sports.  However, club sports are not as demanding as the stress and time-consuming commitment that goes with varsity sports.  In summary, club sports are the perfect balance.

Club Golf President Christian Dolan

Personally, I play on the Club Golf Team and it has been nothing but a great experience.  As a First Year I joined the team during the fall tryouts.  Immediately the older members of the team made all of us feel very welcome.  Becoming a part of a group that shared common interests and passions as me was most important as I was just beginning to get my grips on the University and I now had a support group behind me.
 Birdwood Golf Course


Last semester, the team practiced every Friday at Birdwood Golf Course, when conditions allowed.  Once a week is not too demanding and is very manageable with any schedule, certainly one of the great things about club sports.  Throughout the season there were two tournaments where the team traveled to compete with other colleges in the region.  The team did extraordinarily well and qualified for the national competition where they placed third overall.  In general, I would say that club sports, like Club Golf, are perfect for anyone who wants to compete with other colleges but not at the intense levels of varsity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment