Friday, May 22, 2015

Meet the Summer 2015 Admissions Office Interns!


Ify
(oio4qc@virginia.edu)















My name is Obumneke Ifesinachi Obi (I go by my nickname "Ify") and I am currently a rising 4th year in the College of Arts and Sciences. I am on the pre-med track and double majoring in Psychology and Photography. I was born and raised in Washington, DC, but now I currently reside in Northern Virginia. Something most people don't know about me is that I went to boarding school in the capitol of Nigeria, Abuja, for 6 years (from 7th grade to 12th grade) before coming back to the US to attend UVa. I love to travel, cook and take pictures! I'm excited about interning at the Office of Admissions this summer and being a tour guide!

Catherine 
(ccp3qz@virginia.edu)













Hey everyone! My name is Catherine Pollack, and I am a rising second year from Winchester, VA. I plan on majoring in biomedical engineering and neuroscience, but I have many interests beyond the sciences! When I'm not in class, I'm involved in numerous organizations around Grounds, including Engineering Students Without Borders, Cavs in the Classroom (through Madison House), research at the Center for Applied Biomechanics, and the Cavalier Marching Band (fun fact: I play four different instruments--clarinet, piano, saxophone, and more recently, trombone)! I'm super excited to serve you as an Admissions intern and summer tour guide. Feel free to email me, as I would love to answer any questions you may have on academics, music, student life, or anything you could think of!

Tyler
(tjc4ky@virginia.edu)
















My past is riddled with instability, poverty, and abuse. Because of my own resilience and the QuestBridge Scholarship, I have been able to transcend these challenges as a first generation-college student from a small beach town in North Carolina. I am double majoring in Medieval and Religious Studies and I am currently involved in the Christian and LBTQ communities at UVA. I believe that college is an incredibly important time for people and I am striving to use my education and experiences at UVA to support prospective students and to eventually become a professor. I am incredibly excited to get to know all of you and to work with the Department this summer! 

Casey
(cce9hk@virginia.edu)












I am a second year student from the Chicago suburbs studying both Government and Political Social Thought with the intention of focusing and eventually working on food policy. I'm fortunate to be a member of Alpha Phi Omega co-ed service fraternity, which affords me the opportunity to see and serve the Charlottesville community. I exercise when possible and will hopefully be training for my first marathon this summer! Additionally, I hope to spend the summer exploring Charlottesville, namely going on popular hikes, eating at popular restaurants, and all of the other Charlottesville gems that I can't seem to find time for during the school year.

Erik
(epm5fh@virginia.edu)













My name is Erik Morlock, I am a third-year Foreign Affairs and Global Security and Justice double major. I am originally from Stockholm, Sweden, though I grew up in Virginia Beach (Cox High School). I was a DOTL co-chair this year and will be the Virginia Ambassadors chair for next year. I am also President of Quidditch at the University of Virginia. I've grown to love working with prospective students through Virginia Ambassadors and I'm really excited to continue to do so this summer!

Colby
(ckd7rz@virginia.edu)










Hi! I'm Colby, I'm a second year majoring in Political Philosophy, Policy & Law and I hail from Alexandria, VA (yes, I am one of the thousands of NOVA kids).  I am really excited to work in the Admissions Office this summer!  As far as my interests--in my free time I love to bake, watch Friends and Gilmore Girls, exercise, craft, and hang out with friends at fun, new places in Charlottesville.  At UVa, I am involved with Honor, Days on the Lawn, Aletheia Christian Fellowship, and Cavs in the Classroom.  I can't wait to experience Cville in the summertime and check off things on my Charlottesville bucket list (oh yeah, I forgot to mention this, but I am a HUGE fan of lists)!

Elaina
(emh2hb@virginia.edu)










My name is Elaina Hill and I'm from Farmville, Virginia (home to Longwood University). I'm a rising second year here at UVA and an interdisciplinary computer science major in the College. I am a member of Madison House on grounds and mentor every week at Computers4Kids in downtown Charlottesville. When I'm lucky enough to find free time, I love to paint, crochet, and head outdoors for long walks when the weather is nice.

Connor
(cba3dq@virginia.edu)











My name is Connor Andrews and I am a rising Fourth Year in the College of Arts and Sciences from Charlottesville, VA. I am majoring in History as an undergraduate, but will be beginning to work on my Masters in Public Policy and Leadership through the Batten School’s Accelerated MPP program this fall semester. My involvements around Grounds include Madison House, One in Four, and my fraternity, and I am currently working on a research project about University history and which is working to digitalize University documents from the nineteenth century. I am also an avid Boston Red Sox and Patriots fan.

Julia 
(jes6av@virginia.edu) 










Hi everyone! I am an incoming third-year from Lynchburg, Virginia and I am majoring in English and French. My interests range from writing to running to watching Netflix to cooking, but in terms of activities on Grounds, my main involvements lie in the Cavalier Daily (UVa's student newspaper) and a Madison House program called "Cavs in the Classroom". I'll be studying abroad in Lyon, France next semester so I'm excited to spend the next couple of months at home at UVA enjoying my favorite things about Charlottesville: great hiking, great food, and better people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment