Sunday, March 14, 2010

Greatest Memories (so far)

What have been your greatest memories (so far) during your time at U.Va.?

That was the question posed to me by an application that I was filling out. Oh boy...I hadn't really thought of them. So I started my reminiscing and here are some ones that really stood out:

First-Year 
1. Playing pick-up soccer on the basketball courts by the Dell 
2. Greek Rush 
3. Taking a USEM, The American Health Care System, which was taught by an ER physician 
4. Cheering on the Cardiac Cavs at all the home football games




                                           Second-Year 
1. Tutoring a girl at the local high school and having her test score jump from a 63 to an 83 
2. Going to Monster Jam at the John Paul Jones arena to watch Grave Digger 
3. Having lunch with the producer and director of the award winning documentary In the Family Joanna Rudnick 
4. Navigating the Popular Ridge ropes course 
5. Shadowing a neurologist at U.Va. Hospital 
6. Taking the class Arts and Medicine 
7. Ice skating and going hiking for the first time

Third-Year  
1. Attending Nobel Peace Prize laureate Professor Yunus's lecture on social entrepreneurship 
2. Having dinner in the Dome Room of the Rotunda and sitting next to the keynote speaker, a former Congressman 
3. Snowball fight on the Lawn 
4. Rock-climbing at Rocky Top gym





These are just a small sampling of the many memories that I have made so far and I'm sure there are many more to come during the rest of my time here.


JPJ picture from Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment