Saturday, September 26, 2009

Hi!

Welcome to the HooStories Blog! I'm so excited that you're interested in UVa, and I hope that reading this blog helps you to learn more about this awesome place!

My name is Kate, and I'm a second year in The College. I plan to major in Cognitive Science and minor in French, and my long term plan is to go to law school. But there are so many things here at the University to explore; nothing is set in stone! I come from a small town south of Boston, Massachusetts. Yes I'm Irish, yes I love the Red Sox, and my friends tell me I have bit of an accent although I tend to disagree.

When I first started looking at schools, I hadn't even considered the University of Virginia. We were in the area and my mom wanted to visit because she had heard of the beautiful public gardens behind the lawn (she's big on flowers) so we came through Charlottesville. After a solid two hours of walking around campus while my mom and the head gardener on Grounds had a heart to heart, I knew that this was a place I could really see myself at. Fast forward two years, and here I am!
I love UVa, coming here was probably one of the best decisions of my life. I have met so many amazing people and done so many cool things I never would have had the chance to do otherwise. For example: I'm going white water rafting over fall break! I love getting involved around Grounds, like volunteering for Madison House (a student run service organization), being a Project Serve site leader, and doing research in a psychology lab. Plus, I run for the Club Cross Country Team and Ski for the Alpine Ski and Snowboard Team. Yes, there are ski mountains in Virginia and they're only 45 minutes away from UVa!

UVa has so much to offer, and there's always something new to try. I hope you all get the chance to experience these awesome opportunities! If you have any questions or just want to say hey, feel free to shoot me an email! Until then, I'll keep you posted.

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment