Monday, July 31, 2017

Stay Cool!: Summers in Charlottesville

Hey everyone, it's Charlotte here- back with some great tips!
This time we are going to be discussing the "cville summer" and how to survive the heat and humidity.

In Ascending Order of Desperation:

1. Go to Blue Hole/Snake Hole 
Blue Hole and Snake Hole are swimming holes not too far from Grounds in Crozet, Virginia. They're close by and the "hike" to get to them is more of a walk, so everyone can participate. The water is a little chilly, but on a hot day it's extremely refreshing!

(Here is a picture of myself and a few of my fellow summer interns!)

2. Go to Virginia Beach
The drive to Virginia Beach from UVA is a little under 3 hours, which is pretty long, but you can still make it into a beach trip if you try! My two friends and I went to Virginia beach earlier this summer and it was really nice! We went on a Sunday and it was surprisingly empty, but I can't guarantee that for July/August. I love the beach because you can make sand castles, swim, surf, read a book- endless fun!



3. Use your apartment's pool
If your apartment complex in Charlottesville has a pool, then you're in luck. The apartment complexes that have them are:
Preston Square Apartments
The Flats
Grandmarc
***I will update this once I figure out others that have pools!



4. Find a friend with a pool and then use their pool!
I recommend actually being friends with the person first before using their pool, so I have linked facebook.com above. It's pretty easy to make friends if you smile, laugh, nod your head, crack a few jokes, and make the person talk about themselves for a while.


5. Run through the sprinklers on the Lawn
This is extremely easy. Go to the Lawn at around noon-2pm. Run through sprinklers. Very simple, very efficient at cooling one off!




6. Buy a spray bottle with a fan attachment
Amazon has a few good ones, and if you have Prime you don't even have to leave your home to get it!




7. Stay home!
Air. Conditioning. Do I need to say anything else? I really hope your apartment has AC, and if it doesn't- check out number 4 again.

No comments:

Post a Comment